5083 Aluminum plate coil belongs to the Al-Mg-Si alloy, the main alloy element of 5083 is magnesium has a wide range of uses, good corrosion resistance, excellent weldability, good cold workability, good formability and medium strength. 5083 aluminum plates coils are widely used in ships, automobiles, aircraft welding parts, and pressure vessels (tank trucks) that require strict fire protection, cement tank trucks, LNG storage tanks, gas cylinders, natural gas tank trucks, split tank trucks, liquid tank trucks, etc.
The tank cylinder is usually made of 5083-H111 aluminum plate. The bulkhead of the tanker body is made of 5083-O aluminum plate, the temper O is relatively soft and suitable for bending. 5083-H111 aluminum plate coil has low density, high tensile strength and high elongation. In the same area, the weight of aluminum-magnesium alloy is lower than other alloy series. In addition, 5083-H111 aluminum plate coil has high strength, good processability, corrosion resistance and welding performance. At temperatures within 135°C, the mechanical properties of 5083 (O/H111) are better than 5454 (O/H111). Therefore, when the temperature of transported bulk materials is not higher than 135°C, such as cement, etc., aluminum alloy tank trucks can use 5083 aluminum plates as raw materials. In addition, 5083 (O/H111) aluminum plate is used as powder tank truck material. The commonly used 5083 ultra-wide aluminum plates on the market have a width of 2.2M and a thickness of 5mm, 6mm, 7mm, and 8mm. Flait Aluminum can produce 5083 ultra-wide aluminum plates, with a maximum width of 2600mm, with stable performance and meeting the requirements of tank truck aluminum plates.
5083 Aluminum plate has low density and high strength. Aluminum alloy tank trucks are lighter in weight than steel tank trucks, reducing fuel consumption and tire wear during transportation, thereby reducing daily operating and maintenance costs. Also, 5083 aluminum plate has strong corrosion resistance, greatly extending the service life of the tank truck. At the same time, the recycling rate of aluminum plates for oil tankers is relatively high.
The liquefaction temperature of natural gas is -162°C, and the volume of liquefied natural gas (LNG for short) is 1/600 of the gaseous state, which makes the material requirements for LNG storage tanks higher.
The formability of 5083 aluminum plate is very good. A dense and strong protective film is easily formed on the surface of the gas tank truck, which can protect the tank from corrosion and extend its service life.
The tank body is made of 5083-H111 aluminum plate, and the tank lids on both sides are made of 5083-O aluminum plate. 5083 aluminum is softer in the O temper because the water tank cover needs to be bent. The bulkhead of the tanker truck also uses 5083-O aluminum plate.
|Alloy||Temper||Tensile strength Rm(Mpa)||Yield strength
|5083||O/H111/H112||≥275||≥125||≥16||–||DNV, GL, ABS, CCS, BV, LR|
|0.50-500.00||2000 or customized||6000/8000/9000/12000 or customized|
|Surface treatment||Mill finish, patterned aluminum plate|
|Package||Export packaging (protective film, interleaved paper)|
|Sample||Free A4 size|
|Thickness （mm）||Thickness tolerance in different width ranges(mm)|
1. Composition and properties: strengthen the selection and quality control of raw materials, implement relevant standards and specifications, strictly inspect and test the compositions and properties of 5083 aluminum sheets.
2. Specifications: using advanced processing technology and equipment, strengthen size control and adjustment during production process according to your actual needs, including thickness, width, length and other parameters.
3. Surface quality: the surface of 5083 aluminum plate is smooth and flat, without obvious protrusions and depressions, and no cracks, oxidation, flaws and other obvious defects.
4. Services: Flait Aluminum has a special quality inspection team, which takes pictures of customers before each shipment and provide inspection reports.
5. Package and transportation: standard export package, short production lead times, sufficient aluminum sheets in stock.
Tags:5083 aluminum plate