5154 aluminum plate for ship bottom plate can withstand corrosion in seawater and humid environments. This allows the bottom plate to be used in harsh marine environments for extended periods of time without being easily damaged. It can also provide the structural support required for the bottom plate of the ship and increase the strength and stability of the hull. This helps improve the pressure resistance of the hull, allowing it to withstand the vibrations and pressures of sailing.
5154 aluminum plate for ship bottom plate helps reduce the overall weight of the hull and improves the ship’s carrying capacity and fuel efficiency. The lightweight properties also help improve the ship’s maneuverability and navigation performance. Various geometric shapes and size requirements of ship bottom plates can also be met. It can perform bending, cutting, welding, drilling and other processing processes to facilitate installation and adjustment during ship manufacturing.
Specification of 5154 Aluminum Plate for Ship Bottom Plate
||DNV, GL, ABS, CCS, BV, LR
|GB/T3880, EN 14286, EN 485, ASTM B209, or according to customer’s special requirements
||Tensile strength Rm(Mpa)
||Yield strength Rp0.2(MPa)
Features of 5154 Aluminum Plate for Ship Bottom Plate
- Corrosion Resistance: The 5154 aluminum plate demonstrates excellent resistance to corrosion, particularly in marine environments. It can withstand prolonged exposure to saltwater without deteriorating, ensuring the longevity and durability of the ship’s bottom plate.
- High Strength: Despite being a lightweight material, the 5154 aluminum plate possesses remarkable strength properties. It can effectively withstand the structural loads and stresses experienced by the ship’s bottom plate during operation, contributing to the overall stability and integrity of the vessel.
- Formability: The 5154 aluminum plate is highly formable, allowing for various shaping and fabrication processes. It can be easily worked into different forms, such as bending, rolling, and shaping, enabling efficient customization to meet specific design requirements.
- Weldability: Welding is a commonly used process in shipbuilding, and the 5154 aluminum plate exhibits good weldability. It can be easily joined with other aluminum components through welding, ensuring secure connections and structural integrity.
- Lightweight: Aluminum is renowned for its lightweight nature, and the 5154 aluminum plate is no exception. Its low density contributes to reduced weight in ship construction, resulting in improved fuel efficiency, increased payload capacity, and enhanced overall vessel performance.
Application of 5154 Aluminum Plate for Ship Bottom Plate
- The 5154 aluminum plate is often utilized for the main hull plating of ships. Its corrosion resistance ensures protection against seawater and other corrosive elements, while its high strength provides structural integrity and durability.
- The keel is a central structural element of a ship’s bottom, and the 5154 aluminum plate is suitable for keel plates. It offers strength and stability to support the weight of the ship and handle various loads, contributing to overall stability.
- Ballast tanks, used to control a ship’s stability and buoyancy, can benefit from the corrosion-resistant properties of the 5154 aluminum plate. It helps prevent degradation caused by exposure to water or other liquid contents.
- The 5154 aluminum plate can be used for water tanks located in the ship’s bottom. Its corrosion resistance ensures the stored water remains free from contamination, providing a reliable source for various shipboard operations.
- The bilge area is susceptible to water accumulation, and the 5154 aluminum plate can be employed in the construction of bilge systems to prevent corrosion and damage caused by moisture.
- Underwater fittings, such as sea chest covers and propeller shaft supports, can be made from the 5154 aluminum plate due to its resistance to seawater corrosion and its ability to handle underwater stresses.
Original Source: https://www.flait-aluminum.com/Marine-grade-aluminum-sheet.html