In the field of lighting, there are currently a variety of materials used in the manufacture of lamps. Anodized aluminum’s corrosion resistance, strength, lightweight, and variety of customizable color options make it an ideal material for manufacturing light fixtures. Among the aluminum alloys that can be used for anodizing, 1 series aluminum alloys and 3 series aluminum alloys are often used in the field of lighting fixtures due to their economic and practicality, such as 1060 anodized aluminum plate coil, and 3003 anodized aluminum plate coil.
Application of Anodized Aluminum for lighting fixtures
- Lamp Shades: The most common use in lighting applications. Excellent corrosion resistance and rich color options make it a common choice for indoor and outdoor lighting fixtures. At the same time, the anodized aluminum material can control the reflection and scattering of light to achieve different lighting effects.
- Lamp body and base: Anodized aluminum has good strength and stability, which allows it to be used in various types of table lamps, chandeliers and wall sconces.
- LED heat dissipation back plate: Anodized aluminum can also be used to manufacture the heat dissipation back plate of LED lamps. Aluminum’s excellent thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance ensure that it is suitable for this position.
- Light fixture housing: Some high-end light fixtures use anodized aluminum as the housing material because it provides a modern, corrosion-resistant appearance and protects internal circuitry and components.
- Outdoor lighting: Anodized aluminum is particularly good for outdoor lighting because it resists harsh weather and corrosion, which is important for fixtures in outdoor environments.
Why anodized aluminum is so suitable for light fixtures?
- Strong durability: The oxide film on the surface of anodized aluminum makes it more resistant to scratches and abrasions, and it can well withstand ultraviolet rays, cold, high temperatures and even salt spray, which makes anodized aluminum tend to have a long service life. Points are particularly important for lamps used in outdoor environments.
- Appearance selection: Anodized aluminum has a variety of finishes to choose from, such as polished, bright, polished, stucco, embossed, etched, etc.; at the same time, it can be dyed into various colors during the anodizing process, thereby providing a better quality for the lamps. Multiple design and appearance options.
- Temperature resistance and heat dissipation: Aluminum has high thermal conductivity and can effectively dissipate heat.
- Easy to maintain: The anodized surface is non-porous and less likely to accumulate dirt and grime. It makes lamps that are relatively easy to clean and maintain.
Specification of Anodized aluminum for lighting fixtures
||Mill, Bright, Polished, Hairline, Stucco, Embossed, Etching, etc.
|Anodized aluminum film
||Indoor use 3-10μm; outdoor use 15-25μm; or as customer’s request
||Covered with PE film