The types of tank trucks are oil tank trucks, cement tank trucks, natural gas tank trucks, sprinkler trucks, etc. The tank trucks are made of carbon steel and aluminum alloy. However, due to the heavy weight and low utilization factor of the carbon steel tank trucks, the fuel consumption of the vehicles is high, and the tank body is prone to rust and corrosion, which is easy to cause pollution to the surrounding environment. These large tank trucks are going through a stage of transition from steel to aluminum. At present, the proportion of aluminum tank trucks or all-aluminum tank trucks in the market is getting higher and higher, and they are enthusiastically sought after by the public.
Generally, the length of the tankers aluminum plate is generally within 12.5 meters, the width is less than 2.2 meters, and the thickness is generally 5, 6, 7, 8mm. A complete tanker body generally requires 4-6 aluminum plates to be welded. Aluminum tank trucks are about 20% lighter than steel tank trucks of the same size, but they can be transported 30% faster. At the same time, due to the high strength, corrosion resistance and wear resistance of the 5083 alloy used in aluminum tank cars, the aluminum alloy tank cars welded with 5083 aluminum plates are more wear-resistant and durable, have a long life, and are more economical and environmentally friendly. The tank body is generally made of 5083-H111 aluminum plate; 5083-O aluminum plate is used for the tank lids, because the both sides of tank lids need to be bent, the temper O is softer. In addition, some manufacturers also use 5454-H111 aluminum plates to produce tanks.
|Alloy||5083 aluminum sheet plate|
|Temper||O, H111, H112, H114, H116, H32, etc.|
|Production Standards||GB/T 3880, EN14286, EN485, ASTM B209, or according to customer’s special requirements|
|Application||Ship plates, LNG storage tanks, oil tankers,cement tankers, gas storage tanks, GIS shells,car body skins, flange materials, etc.|
|Tensile Strength（Mpa）||Yield strength（Mpa）||Elongation(%)||Minimum Bending Radius of 180 Degree|
|standard value||standard value||A50|
1. Aluminum has a low density, and the aluminum alloy tank truck is light in weight, and the center of gravity will be lowered, it is not easy to roll over, and it will be safer during
2. The inertia of the aluminum alloy tank truck is small when it collides, so the braking distance of the car can be reduced.
3. The material of the aluminum alloy tank car is non-flammable and has very low static electricity accumulation, which greatly reduces the probability of accidents.
4. Aluminum alloy has good plasticity. When an aluminum alloy tanker collides, it can deform to absorb the energy generated during the collision, and it will not be torn suddenly, which improves safety.
5. The aluminum alloy tank truck can significantly reduce the weight of the tank car, the energy saving effect is obvious, and it can reduce pollution, improve the environment, and have a high recycling rate.