5182 aluminum plate is an aluminum alloy plate whose main components include aluminum (Al) and a small amount of magnesium (Mg) and chromium (Cr). It belongs to the 5xxx series of aluminum alloys and is widely used in car body manufacturing in the automotive industry. It can be used for doors, roofs, decks, hoods, tailgates, and more.
||0.50 – 3.50
||1200 – 2650
||500 – 16000
5182 Aluminum sheet is commonly used for car body due to several reasons:
- Lightweight: 5182 aluminum plate is lighter than traditional steel. It has a lower density and thus reduces the weight of the entire car body. This is very attractive to automakers because reducing body weight can improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions.
- High strength: Although the 5182 aluminum plate is relatively light, it still has high strength. This high strength allows the aluminum body to provide excellent impact resistance and structural rigidity for greater safety and reliability.
- Good corrosion resistance: 5182 aluminum plate has good corrosion resistance and can resist oxidation, corrosion and other chemical reactions. This allows the body to maintain its good looks and performance in a variety of harsh environmental conditions.
- Easy to process: Compared with other metal materials (such as steel plates), aluminum plates are easier to process and form. It can be cut, punched and welded in a variety of ways, giving automakers greater design freedom and productivity.
- High recyclability: 5182 aluminum sheet is a recyclable material, which can reduce resource consumption and environmental impact through recycling. This is in line with the increasing emphasis on sustainability and environmental protection in the automotive industry.
Original Source: https://www.flait-aluminum.com/Aluminum-Sheet-for-Tank-Truck-Fuel-Tanker.html
Tags: 5182 aluminum plate , 5182 aluminum sheet